Costs aren’t the only downside to File Servers. If you’re running a File Server, then you may be at risk. Here are five reasons why File Servers are costly and slow down your business:
- File Servers are high-cost and low-agility.File Servers are machines, and machines need maintenance and upgrades. This adds up to significant expense. And what happens when your company expands? That’s more money and more resources lost in building out more server space.
- You get no uptime guarantees.How much would it cost your business to be down for a day? How about for even 1 hour? According to VentureBeat, about 73% of businesses like yours have had some type of interruption in the past 5 years. Downtime means lost data and missed opportunities.
- File Servers aren’t made for a mobile workforce.Today’s mobile workforce needs immediate access to their data from anywhere, on any device. With a File Server, “mobile” means logging in to a VPN on a laptop or dealing with the hassle of configuring a mobile device connection. And even then, it might not work with all devices.
- Sharing files outside your business is complicated—if possible at all.In today’s business world, your business often needs to view or collaborate on files. But a File Server may not provide this capability. Even if it does, it’s hard to set up on the server side, to say nothing of the requirements on your user’s computer. Once again, there’s additional investment in time, money and energy.
- Collaborating on files gets messy. Fast.What happens when two people both need to work on a file? How do you prevent one person from overwriting the work of the other? With File Servers, you don’t have control over versioning and overwriting. It’s a chaotic mess and a drain on productivity.
How much can you save with SecuriSync vs. a costly File server? The results are in. View our cost savings calculator below to see for yourself.
General Pricing Below:
- $4.99 – 10 GB per user
- $9.99 – 100 GB per user
- $14.99 – Unlimited storage per user
*The SecuriSync cost savings calculator only provides an estimate of your potential savings and is used for illustrative purposes only. The estimate is non-binding. Your actual experience with SecuriSync may vary from the estimate presented by the calculator.
Can SecuriSync from Ascend Technologies help?
There’s a better option than File Servers for your business: SecuriSync, cloud-based file sync and share. Compared to File Servers, SecuriSync offloads hardware and electricity costs, slashes IT complexity and, most importantly, enables modern collaboration and mobility.
Remember, not all file sync and share services are designed for business. Many of them have their roots in the consumer world. So when you consider file server alternatives, consider SecuriSync by Core Technologies: it’s designed specifically to give users the simplicity and mobility of the consumer-style tools combined with the control and protection that businesses need for secure collaboration and sharing.
With SecuriSync, you get full mobile access to all your files for increased productivity. Your IT administrators get control over access to files and folders alone with at-rest and in-transit encryption for total security. And everyone in your business will stay productive.